Stuffed Mushroom Recipe
Time: 30+ minutes
6 slices Sara Lee® Delightful® White made with Whole Grain Bread, cubed
1-2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more to drizzle
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
20 button mushrooms, stemmed and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup roast turkey, chopped
1 1/2 cups spinach, chopped
1 (5.2-ounce) block herbed cheese
1/2 cup breadcrumbs, plus more for sprinkling
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 300 F.
2. Combine bread cubes, olive oil and garlic powder in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Toss carefully and bake another 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
3. Turn oven up to 350 F. In a large skillet, melt butter. Add onion, mushroom stems, garlic and turkey. Once onion is translucent, add spinach and cook just until wilted.
4. In a small bowl, mix together herbed cheese, breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan and mushroom stem mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Stuff mushroom caps with bread mixture, sprinkle with more breadcrumbs and drizzle with olive oil.
6. Bake until mushrooms are deeply golden and cooked through (approximately 20 minutes).
Sara Lee Delightful Bread comes in three delicious varieties: Honey Whole Wheat, Healthy Multi-Grain and White made with Whole Grain. For more festive and calorie-conscious recipe ideas, visit www.saraleebread.com.